AVSI-USA is a non-profit organization created in 2000 to work with individuals and communities in developing countries to restore dignity and build resilience in the face of poverty and marginalization.
AVSI-USA is a member of the AVSI Foundation, a network of 36 organizations worldwide which share the same vision and method. Created in 1972, AVSI Foundation carries out development cooperation and humanitarian projects throughout the world.
AVSI-USA works for a world where the person, aware of her value and dignity, is the protagonist of her own integral development and that of her community, even in crisis and emergency contexts.
AVSI-USA works with individuals, communities, partners and donors to restore dignity and build resilience in the face of poverty and marginalization.
AVSI-USA sustains long-term partnerships with local organizations, jointly designing projects, raising funds and implementing activities in the areas of education, early childhood and youth development, economic livelihoods, health and nutrition.
AVSI-USA connects people across borders, creating opportunities for solidarity and friendship.
PEOPLE FOR DEVELOPMENT:A UNIQUE APPROACH
- To start from the value of the person who is never defined by circumstances in which she lives or by social categories
- To consider the person always in her family and community context, seeking out and valuing local resources as a starting point
- To accompany and let ourselves be accompanied, recognizing that we all share the same human experience
- To involve all stakeholders, facilitating active participation of beneficiaries, service providers, partners, donors and the private sector
- To learn from experience and capitalize on lessons learned